Who?

Do you remember Brown Owl and Tawny Owl? They were names given to the volunteer leaders at Brownies when I was a kid. Wonder if they still use those labels? Can't remember them all. I do remember the little owl pin my Mom had. She took on the role as Brownie leader to get me to go I think. It didn't last more than one year. Too much organization for my little mind. I wanted to play outside after school and walk to the railway tracks, and ride bikes! It's memories from long ago but they resurface every time I make one of these guys.


The indignity of waiting for ones feet!


A little "owly" today, how 'bout you?


(owly)
You won't find it on WickipediA but the definition is in the Dictionary of Prince Edward Island English. And I'm just kidding about being owly today, I'm never out of sorts! ;)


Comments

They're awesome! And I love the indignant look on the footless one's face. hee!
Thanks Lisa! He got his feet this evening.
Marg said…
At Least hardly ever "owly".
I was surprised when I worked on the Island, the supervisors actually gave me a copy of the Prince Edward Island Dictionary.
Obviously we weren't connecting. I still have it.
I think I have your copy! It was in stack of books about P.E.I. you cleared out. :)

Popular Posts