A Local Gem

In the heart of downtown Sydney the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design is an amazing little engine for the promotion of handcraft and visual art on our island. It is the host of both professional development programs and a craft school for hobbyists. The artwork created and represented there spans the gap from culturally significant traditional crafts to contemporary design.


The gallery at the Centre is a beautiful space filled with the best that Cape Breton has to offer. I'm always delighted to have my work represented there and am in awe of the gorgeous handcraft from fellow members.


It's the place where I have met some of my dearest friends and had some of my greatest inspiration for new and exciting projects. The centre itself has gone through many changes since it opened and it's biggest achievement in recent years has to be the state of the art building that it now calls home.


If you visit Sydney this year make it your first destination and enjoy all it has to offer. Maybe you can even be persuaded to stay long enough to take a class!

Comments

Jenna E said…
oh fabulous, I`ll have to check it out!!

Popular Posts