Catching Up

The last couple of weeks have been full of work but not without some fun too! October started off with Lumiere and then there was the opening for both the Inverness County Centre for the Arts Textile Festival and Roots and Branches at the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design. I gave you a sneak peek at some of the work.


So here's the rest of the story...


Each basket has an accent of different materials. This one had copper foil and mesh added to it. The handle is a piece of alder branch. The next one had seagrass cord and grasses as the textural element.


The basket I called "Meadow" has wool added to it in the form of needle felting. I made the handles for the sides and lid out of lovely soft merino wool roving.


There are no photos yet of the pieces at CBCCD because I forgot to take some! Eventually. The other fun project I had on this week was the Pimp Your Tam O'Shanter workshop at CBCCD. The participants were brilliant and caught on to needle felting in no time. I'm hoping they share some photos with me because .... I forgot to take some. These are tams that I did for demo.


I did have time to get outdoors and enjoy the nice weather last weekend so I'll sort through those pictures and share tomorrow.











Comments

Salix said…
Beautiful work, Shari. Love your baskets AND the felt. Gorgeous "hats"
Lene
Thanks Lene, I'm hoping I'm can stay on a roll with the weaving!
These baskets are GORGEOUS, and so are the tams!
marie said…
All is wonderful!!

Popular Posts