Winter Gardening

Had a little bit of time to dress up some pots and make a swag to hang by the front door. I like winter gardening. It's nice to reuse those summer pots and add a bit of cheer to the dullness of Dec.


This is the first time I used Sinamay in an arrangement. I think I resisted because it seemed to be everywhere and well, it's plastic. I am a convert now. I like the frosty effect of the silver I used and it looks great at night with the string of lights shining through it. It also hides all of the light cords during the day.

So back to the garden to add a few more lights and try to tidy up the perennials before we get snow again.

ps. Just put my cold hands in my coat pockets and remembered the marvelous little warmers I tried out today! They work!  I bought a box of Little Hotties hand warmers ages ago and never used them. Trying to twist wires with gloves on is impossible so I stuck the hand warmer packets in my coat pocket and kept diving in when my hands got too cold to work. That was about 4 hours ago and they are still toasty warm.

Comments

Popular Posts