Family Trip Flashback!

All the way back to 1973.  I was very very very very young. Ahem. It was my first trip on a plane and the first time I saw the biggest playground I had ever seen called Florida. What a place for a young imagination. All those wonderful places built by grown up minds to entertain all ages. Wow! It was a glorious week of first time encounters with pink flamingos, pelicans, dolphins and life sized Weeki Wachee mermaids!

I kept thinking of that trip while I was making these mini mermaids for the Mermaids Tears Seaglass festival that  is coming up July 25th on Prince Edward Island. Cabot and Rose will be there with a vendors booth (and more fabulous mermaids) . I can only hope these little gals will spark some fond vacation memories for someone else! PEI is a pretty fabulous playground too!

Comments

Popular Posts